Welcome to Kermandie
Built in 1932, the iconic Kermandie remains the heart of Port Huon, offering charming, comfortable accommodation, excellent food, a fully restored bar and its own marina. We welcome you to come and enjoy the great service and options Kermandie has to offer.
We offer two types of accommodation:
- In the main Kermandie Hotel, we offer cosy, character filled ‘Heritage’ rooms with ensuites, with options for singles, couples and families.
- Kermandie Lodge, located right next door, offers the flexibility of queen and twin accommodation along with self-contained Family Units. Great for larger families or groups.
When staying at Kermandie you can access:
- The Huon Lounge for a quiet drink and space to relax;
- The Restaurant featuring locally sourced produce;
- Fully Restored Bar with a locally inspired Wine, Beer & Cider menu;
- and our Outdoor Seating for alfresco dining.
Restaurant & Bar
Our kitchen opens at 12 noon for lunch, and in the evening you can relax by the fire in the Huon Lounge before dinner, which is served from 5.30pm.
We serve carefully crafted meals featuring local produce, along with hearty, traditional pub favourites, and local wines, beers and ciders.
You can also plan and enjoy your next function, whether it be small or large, at Kermandie.
Local Activities & Adventures
Just a short drive from Hobart, and not far from Kermandie, the beautiful Huon Valley in Southern Tasmania will take your breath away. The Huon Trail caters to every traveler with something for gourmet foodies, creative souls, adrenaline junkies and wilderness explorers.
Visit Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs to relax in the naturally heated mineral spring pools and explore ancient caves, or go to Tahune Adventures and Airwalk where you’ll be exposed to the treetops, allowing you to take in Tasmania’s best forest views from up high. Or for keen walkers, walk the Hartz Mountain Trail – absolutely stunning.